Thursday, December 9, 2010

An impromptu "date night"....

So lately... things have been a bit heavy in my life... see here... and here...

I've felt like I'm competing with deadlines on almost every level... which has left a sista feeling exhaustified!

Do you ever feel like you can't go any further? You're just spent... 100%....

Fortunately... I've got an incredible Hubs who knows just how to calm a girl down... a little chocolate... some candles... prayer... the encouragement to say "No".... and the reminder that all of this...

ALL OF THIS... this stuff that piles on my plate... this stuff that knocks me down... this stuff that seems to overwhelm the stuffing out of me... this stuff... ALL OF THIS STUFF... is a blessing!

In fact... it's piles of blessing upon blessing... silly girl... getting overwhelmed with goodness...

Ba-less my little heart... one. hundred. fold.

Ba-less it!

So last night... the Hubs and I had an impromptu date night... full of all of those things... but most of all... we rested... and we soaked in the goodness of the sweet Lord... who heaps upon us His massive blessings!

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." 
                                                                                                                           John 1:16

No comments: