Wednesday, January 5, 2011

new year... and the resolutions it brings...

Humph...  this time of year is so so very exciting...

After I take my week to get over the sayin'-goodbye-to-Christmas blues... I usually rev up thinking about all that a new year will bring!

This year was no different... as 2011 was fast approaching, I couldn't help but get excited over all the possibilities... what is it about having to buy a new calendar or day planner that leaves a girl feeling so so so optimistic about what will come?

As I've been thinking so much about what I want my resolutions to be... what goals I'll be aiming for... I've been asking around... trying to snatch some good ideas from close friends and sweet family... and you know what!?!? Every stinkin' person (except for my beautiful Moma... she's one classy gal!) I've talked to has declared that they don't "do resolutions"!

What!?!?!?!?! You people are literally... "killin' me Smalls"! Typically my "close ones" state matter-of-factly that they know they won't actually complete the resolutions... or the thought of taking on a laundry list of stuff is ridiculous and unnecessary....

That said... the dreaming, immature, unrealistic, list-loving girl in me... is going to make some resolutions! Whether or not I achieve all on my list... I'll continue to make it... because... it's a challenge... it's accountability in it's only unique little form... and...

It's the perfect time of year to aim big and shoot high...

Because... it's the beginning...

So... without further ado... some of my resolutions (*please note that I said "some"... this list is a work in progress, as am I...)... (*please also note that I realize that my list is long... that I won't accomplish all that is on it... but that this is fun for me... feel free at any point to "Ba-less my little heart'!)

Han's Resolutions for 2011...

1. Make a greater effort to work at living a life that is more balanced... Especially focusing on setting aside significant time to spend with my God and then with the Hubs.
photo via...

2. Commit to memory... starting with Colossians 3....  this is becoming more and more important to me as I've begun to realize more and more just how much His goodness oozes out of you when it's pressed so firmly upon your heart.
photo via...
3. Try one new recipe a month and one new DIY a month... I know... I know... one new recipe a month is really not that big of a deal... but with working and school both at a full time speed, it's all I can muster! I started this last year and it was wonderful!
A winner from last year! This is an incredible recipe and there's WAY more where it came from... check it: Vanilla Sugar!
4. Run "like Forrest". Work harder now so I won't die during the Chicago Marathon this year like I did last year... This includes lacing up those running shoes on a more consistent basis.... and hitting the weights (si-fri... only you know how much of a big deal this is... ugh with the weights... ugh.)
sigh... never really liked this movie... but you gotta admit... the guy could run...
5. Read... for fun. With all of my textbooks... reading has become an "only when required" activity for moi... this past Christmas break I started to read again for fun... sigh... oh how I've missed my little books....
my girl... Agatha... sigh... love the woman...

6. Grow! This is an exciting goal as the sis and I are working to grow this little ole blog and the beautiful EttaGrace! (Feel free to spread the word... te he he he... no, but for real...).






 There you have it folks! A few of my resolutions... And what have you, my beautiful, creative and accomplished readers resolved to do this year? Do spill!













 


No comments: