I collect diets.
I think what I love about it is the information and immersion into a different culture that you get to experience. When I was kosher, I learned how many of the biblical dietary laws were a way to keep germs at bay during a time before the knowledge of bacteria. When I was pescatarian I learned all about overfishing and the sustainability/ necessity of farmed fish. And when I was living on the "$5 a week" diet, I learned how gassy human beings get when they only eat beans and rice for three months.
Now that I'm making my foray into veganism (and Hannah's week (more like weak...jk but seriously) long "adventure" into vegetarianism) we wanted to kick off this new knowledge hunt with a little vegan treat giveaway!
Here's what's up for grabs:
Your very own
VEGAN SMORES KIT!
vegan mallows (made in Hansies hometown of Chicago)
three kinds of vegan chocolate (peanut butter cups, toasted coconut dark chocolate, and 91% cocoa dark chocolate)
and teddy grahams (because they were the only thing close to traditional graham crackers that didn't have honey in them....free the bees)
To enter you must:
1. Be a public follower of this blog (just click "Join this Site" on the left) and leave a comment below.
For extra entries:
2. Like us on Facebook (leave a comment below)
3. Tweet about the giveaway (leave a comment below)
4. Become vegetarian or vegan for a week (if you already are, leave a comment below for an extra entry!)
5. Blog about the giveaway (leave a comment below)
We'd love to hear about any experience you guys have had being vegan or vegetarian or really anything that amounts to a sort of "non-convential" diet.
We're into it....
or, at least, I am.
p.s. We'll use random.org and will announce a winner next Thursday!