Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Coffee Shop Crank.


One of the perks of traveling a bunch for work is getting to visit sweet friends.
This week I've been working in Minneapolis.
I came in a couple days early to hang out with my BFF from high school, Lindsey.
We used to stay up late into the night wearing masks and talking about boys...
Not much has changed...

Now though- we do most of that over coffee.


Case in point... 
I asked Lindsey to take me to a little quirky coffee shop in town...
Minneapolis is known for quirky little nooks and crannies...


We dropped into one such shop, creatively named, 
"Coffee & Tea Unlimited"...

Let me tell you- though the name of the shop left much to be desired...
This little spot did. not. disappoint.


We stumbled past piles of bags of coffee beans waiting to be thrown into the roaster that was stationed right next to the front door.

Shelves stacked upon shelves holding, no joke-
Hundreds of clear glass canisters holding beans from all over the world...

Once we got up to the register
 We were greeted... or grunted at by the ca-utest most crotchety old man you will ever meet.

We picked some basic lattes on the menu and stood in awe of the shop...
I tried to make small talk with the shop owner, but he wasn't having it...
The guy was serious about the bean... 
and serious about me NOT taking photos of the shop.

The coffee shop crank was intimidating to say the least...
But let me tell you. BEST. espresso. ever
The man knows his beans.

We braved a visit to the shop again today... 
This time I secretly snapped some photos when his back was turned to me...
Shhh! Don't tell!



Next time we get together,
 let's meet up in Minneapolis.

I'll treat you to a cup from the coffee shop crank-
Hansie





1 comment:

Gameday Stylist said...

That place looks great - I love coffee!!!

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist