Monday, October 24, 2011

I get "8 Mile" syndrome sometimes...

And it happened again this weekend...

There was a time, when the Hubs and I were still dating 
where I was training for a marathon with Si-Fri....

Hubs was not called "Hubs" at this point... he was "Freddo",
and Freddo was still in "let's-impress-the-cute-girl" mode...
It was a lot of fun, and I definitely used it to my advantage.
One Saturday morning in particular, Si-Fri and I had an 8 mile run to do for our training...
We invited Freddo to join us.
Even though he'd only ever run a couple miles he knew he had to join us...

The run was tough, but Freddo pushed through...
And after we finished I was overcome with all these "ooshey-gooshey" feelings for him. 
He was such a stud. To be able to barrel through 8 miles without training.
Ugh! Stud. Muffin. For. Realz.

Si-Fri joked that I had come down with "8 Mile" syndrome...

Well, it happened again this weekend... 
A group of us ran a half marathon,
and I got "8 Mile"... Bad.
I just can't help the romantical ooshey-ness that oozes from me!
Sometimes it's just booming love and pride that overwhelms me!

After pushing yourself for 13.1 miles and seeing people you love accomplish something so big...
Ugh, it makes my heart burst with pride.

Oh "8 Mile"... you get me every time.


Gushing,
Hansie

1 comment:

Julia Kime said...

Ooooo, I'm goosing with lots of love for you two guys....
moosho, moosho, that's all I gotta say!

ps
what does Mr Freddo want for his bday?

and, you? for yours? :)