Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend in Review: Miniature Apple Pies Recipe.


I've come to the conclusion that everything tastes infinity times better if it's miniature.

I've also come to the conclusion that I should never use the wrong tools to core an apple.
It's tough stuff with a steak knife.
Do you think Julia Childs ever cut a finger or two in the kitchen? Probably not.


Anywho,
This weekend was full of loads of wonderfulness.
Hubs and I kicked it all off with a little party with some of our sweet friends from church.

In an effort to be fun & festive I decided I'd try my hand at miniature apple pies.
They were a BIG hit and suprah ca-ute.
I'm convinced if your food is cute, it'll taste extra good.
I'm sure there are lots of holes in this theory, but it held true Friday.


Introducing the easiest Miniature Apple Pie recipe ever invented. For realz.


Ingredients:
*5-6 apples (I used McIntosh because they have a really bright flavor)
*2 sheets of puff pastry
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
*1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons of butter

Directions:
*Preheat oven to 400 and grease muffin tin.
*Roll both sheets of puff pastry out and cut into circles twice the size of your muffin tin holes.
*Place puff pastry in each muffin hole and then cover and refrigerate.
*Peel apples and dice.
*Mix diced apples, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter in sauce pan and heat on low, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes or until apples begin to soften.
*Fill puff pastry with apple mixture and cover with remaining puff pastry.
*Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.

*Finally, serve to all your drooling guests!

mini pies & big hugs,
Hansie.


P.S. Stay tuned this week for fun clothes, heaps of thankfulness, a tutorial and sweet deals!
We've got an etsy gift guide round up
and special BLACK FRIDAY shopping deals for EttaGrace readers only!!!
Hooray!!!

2 comments:

Alisa's Garden said...

Those look so cute!

Gameday Stylist said...

Looks YUMMY! Why didn't I have this recipe post-apple picking.

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist